Invisalign Nottingham, is a revolutionary invisible-brace treatment which straightens and evens teeth that are crooked, overcrowded, have gaps or present bite problems. Invisalign braces offer many benefits perhaps one of the greatest being that as they are difficult to see, you can have your teeth straightened without other people knowing. This spares the self-consciousness and embarrassment that is sometimes caused by traditional braces.
Invisalign uses a series of clear removable aligners to straighten your teeth, little by little, in line with your individual 3D treatment plan. The aligners are moulded and trimmed to your exact gum line and with no metal, sharp edges or brackets are much more comfortable than traditional braces. Invisalign braces are removed when you eat and clean your teeth meaning you can enjoy the foods you like.
At Arnold Dental in Nottingham, we’re highly experienced in helping our patients discover straighter, more confident smiles with Invisalign. One of the things we love about this ingenious system is that results are very predictable. This is due to the advanced ClinCheck® technology used to plan your individual treatment precisely and meticulously. Treatment time varies depending on your orthodontic needs but the average time is 9 to 15 months. You can read more about the treatment process and timing below.
How the Invisalign treatment process works
- Pre-treatment free orthodontic assessment - Many people are suitable for Invisalign treatment but it’s not the most appropriate option for everyone. That’s why we provide a free orthodontic assessment with our Invisalign-certified dentist, Dr David Rudin.
- First Invisalign assessment - If you are suitable for the invisible-brace system, we’ll ask you to visit us for your first Invisalign assessment. During this appointment, we’ll take X-rays and impressions.
- 7-14 days to ClinCheck® 3D treatment plan - Your X-rays and impressions are used by Invisalign to create a ClinCheck® bespoke treatment plan which will detail exactly how your teeth will move over the course of the treatment. You’ll be able to see this on one of our computer screens before treatment begins.
- 7-14 days to your first aligners (invisalign braces) - If you decide to go ahead with Invisalign treatment, your unique Invisalign aligners will be custom made. Our team at Arnold Dental in Nottingham will help you to practise taking the aligners in and out. We’ll also talk through how best to keep your invisible braces clean and any improvements you might need to make to your usual teeth-cleaning routine.
- Every 1 to 2 weeks - You’ll change your aligners every 2 weeks to move your teeth gradually to their ultimate position. Some patients are suitable to change their aligners every week meaning quicker treatment times and results. Dr David Rudin will advise on this before treatment begins.
- Every 6 to 8 weeks - David will ask you to come in for regular check-ups so that we can be certain your Invisalign treatment is progressing well. We’ll check that your teeth have moved as indicated in your individual treatment plan. During treatment, you can also check your progress every time you change your aligner on the My Invisalign Smile App.
- In the last few weeks of treatment - The Invisalign system is so precise that we’re able to make last-minute tweaks and adjustments to help create your perfect smile. David will talk through this step during your final appointments.
- At 9 to 15 months - Your new, super-confident smile is complete! You’ll no longer need to wear aligners.
- Ongoing - To keep your teeth beautifully straight, it’s important to wear the retainer that will be provided as part of your treatment. You’ll wear the retainer when you sleep. It is essentially a slightly thicker version of your final aligners. The Invisalign system uses Vivera retainers which are renowned for their strength, comfort and durability.